Developing retail professionals around the world since 1988
The IGA Coca-Cola Institute is a people development organization founded by IGA (Independent Grocers Alliance) with the support of The Coca-Cola Company. For the last 20 years, the Institute has been dedicated to providing learning resources for food retailers worldwide. As an educational organization, it serves more than 6,000 businesses with blended training programs that include 100 industry-specific online courses divided into eight different libraries. The Institute also provides non-IGA retailers and associations with their own branded online corporate universities.
The Institute has one of the world’s largest online food industry course catalogues; in 2011, it had more than 300,000 enrollments and offered learning opportunities in six languages: English, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Russian. The Institute has seen an average annual growth of 200% over the last five years.
The IGA Coca-Cola Institute's mission is to increase the people performance and business effectiveness of a worldwide retail community through online learning, classroom training and a resource center. The Institute cultivates not only the improvement of work skills and job performance, but also the personal growth of individuals committed to life-long learning, ethical standards, and full participation in their communities.
What makes the Institute unique?
- A large course library that is constantly improving through collaboration with more than 6,000 supermarkets, convenience stores and hypermarkets worldwide.
- The best value in the market
- Content and learning activities (including audio, video and interactive challenges) developed by food retail people
- Testing of job-specific knowledge and skills
- Easy-to-track student progress reports and measurable training results
- A multi-lingual online training program that is easy to implement, manage and customize
The Institute has been developing and managing online corporate universities for retail associations, international retailers like Eurocash—Poland's largest retailer/wholesaler—and retailers like Woods Supermarkets in the United States.